To celebrate the TM Society’s 10th Anniversary, we have launched a new range of awareness and fundraising resources.
Organising an event doesn’t have to be complicated. If you are new to awareness-raising, a good starting point might be to download the Awareness Day Guide. Then once you’ve decided what you would like to do, register your event so we can add it to the Awareness Day map.
Awareness Day Pack
We have created TM Society promotional materials for those that are doing public events. The following items are available:
• Stickers to give to people that make a donation
• TM Society Leaflets (also available to download)
• TM Society Magazine (also available to download and print)
• A4 Poster to advertise your event (also available to download)
• A4 Poster to promote the TM Society (also available to download)
• A3 Poster to advertise your event (*)
• A3 Poster to promote the TM Society (*)
If you need any of the above items to promote and advertise your event, you can order them here.
Please note that all items are offered subject to availability since stock is limited.
* The A4 poster PDFs can be used to create other sizes of posters if you bring the to a printer, or adjust the 'print' options when printing or use free translation software to make the adjustment of proportions from A4 to A3.
Got a question?
If you have a question about Awareness Day, you can email Lynn Powell who is the Awareness Day Volunteer Project Coordinator. Or check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Raising funds for the TM Society
If you would like to raise money for the TM Society at your awareness-raising event, there are number of helpful fundraising resources you can download. Click here to see them.
Don't forget that some employers will match the funds raised by an employee, so it’s worth asking your employer if they will do this. They may also give your event a plug in the company newsletter or noticeboard. Some employers let you put up an information stand in the cafe or reception area where you can sell something tasty alongside some TM Society merchandise.
Downloadable Awareness Day Resources
• Awareness Day Guide - tips and advice on planning awareness-raising activities and events
• Photo permission Form - for making sure we have people's permission to use photographs they are in for TM Society publicity purposes
• Introductory Letter to Healthcare Professionals - to send to local healthcare professionals to introduce yourself, tell them a little about Transverse Myelitis and the TM Society, and give ideas on how they can help
• Feedback Sheet - to tell the TM Society how your Awareness Day activity or event went (coming soon).
• Register of people attending your event - for you to keep a record of the number of people who attend, including those who give permission to be added to the TM Society email list
• Awareness Day Press Release template - for you to use when promoting your Awareness Day activity or event in local papers, magazines, and so on
• 10 Key Facts about Transverse Myelitis - 10 key facts you can use in your awareness-raising activities, publicity and press releases
• A4 Poster to promote public events with space for the 'what, where and when' (can be downloaded and sent to a local print shop for printing) or you can print it yourself
• A4 Poster to promote the TM Society without an associated event, suitable for Health Centres, surgeries or other public places (can be downloaded and sent to a local print shop) or you can print it yourself.
• A3 Posters - You can download the A4 version of the posters and either scale up if you have an A3 printer or take the PDF of the A4 poster to a professional printer and they will scale it for you.
• TM Society Magazine (downloadable version)
• TM Leaflet (downloadable version)
• Awareness Day invitation template - you can use to invite people to attend your Awareness Day activity or event. They are available in two formats - A6 size with bleed for professional printing and A6 size without bleed for printing at home.
• Distribution Record - to keep a record of who you gave copies of TM Society leaflets and magazines to.
If you are unable to download the documents for any reason, please email Cindy and we will get in touch to help.